vendredi 1 février 2008


My name is Pétronille I'm 18 and I live in Montreuil but I lived in the United States for a little while in Minnesota and in England in London for 3 months where I worked as a waitress. I'm a junior in my high school Jean Jaurès. I have 3 older brothers who are 28, 23 and 20 but this last one is autistic. I only live with 2 of my brothers (the youngest ones) and my mother. I'm dark redhead with brown eyes. I'm about 1,63 meters. Mentally I'm very enthousiastic and I smile almost all the time. I'm extremely talkative. I have a lot of energy whenever I do something I like, I'm pretty determined. I'm quite open-minded, I love sharing my points of view even though I don't always agree with everyone. I always try to be tolerant and respect other's ideas and differences. I really like sport. I do about an hour of bodybuilding everyday when I wake up. I go swimming every wednesday for about 2 hours with an association from Jean Jaurès and i do some extra bodybuilding every Tuesday with teh same organization. I try to find the time to go runing but I get too busy most of the time with school and I also have to take care of my autistic brother so it is hard for me to find the time to run plus I work as a soldier in the French Territorial Army on week ends and days off, I think it's the equivalent of the National Guard in the United Sates. My job takes a lot place in my life not only in my schedule but also because I really like it. I appreciate music alot. Then again I'm very open-minded about it and listen pretty much every kind of music. I'm crazy about movies. I trully love British movies like Bridget Jones's diary and Love actually (these are the most famous ones) but I like some others. I'm also crazy about scary movies. They are the best!!!I like reading too. I don't appreciate any special kind of books but I do like books by Stephen King. So far I have read It; The Shining and right now I'm trying to finish Misery (which I'm reading in English).I find Jean Jaurès a very intresting place. It's completely different compared to what I got to see in my high school in Minnesota. Students are really different here. They do not practice as much sport as American students do, most of them are intrested in politics. The French school system is different in France, we don't really get to choose our subjects, we work longer during the day from 8:30 in the morning to 5pm or 6pm. It sounds scary at first but we easily get used to it.Just to warn you (since I lived in the United States I know both of the French and American culture) you may find French people a bit cold or unfriendly but they are just shy otherwise they are really nice, we just don't get to have many exchange students in here. We are not used to meet American people everyday, most of the time we see American culture on TV so it will be an intrestin face to face. Lol. I will encourage my class mates to make your stay in France as confortable as possible and I will do my best to make you feel home. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer and be as truthful as I can. I really am impatient to get to know all of you and hope we will have some good time either in Washington DC or in France.

1 commentaire:

Ant a dit…

Incredible! You didnt even mention your love for Flap Jacks (is that the correct name?)!!?? lol
Gotta get some for you next time i go to London (ie feb 13th).