vendredi 1 février 2008

Mani's presentation



Hi !

I'll present myself. I don't know how to begin so I'll be a little formal... I'm 16 since december, I'm pretty young because my birthday is in the end of the year. I live in Montreuil since I was born. It's a city rather cool because a lot of persons from different cultures are living here and there are lots of teenagers but it's nothing in comparaison with Paris, I love this town, it's lively and beautiful ! We live just near Paris, 10mn in the subway and we are in the capital. I think DC is great too! The people who live in the country often say "Paris c'est gris", but it's wrong, Paris is not grey but we haven't a lot of sun, I admit^^
Like pretty much all the teenagers, I'm always listening to music. I like french rap music like "sniper" and "youssoupha", I like also different things like reggae and french songs (when there is not texts too stupid :p ) I play the accordion for 4 months, I play folk music. I've a sister who is 21 and a brother who is 20 soon . I hate pets, and we haven't got any at home. I love buying new shoes but I really have to stop because I'll be ruined^^
My favourite subject is English and Italian . I love hearing these languages, they are melodics and pleasant to the hear. I love travelling and I'd like to travel the all world in my life, it's a kind of dream but my parents are like me so I have already been in different countries in Europe. I'm so impatient to come to see you and visit Washington DC, see the town throught my own eyes !

So, I've speak enought about my life but I want to tell you a last thing: les arts du cirque.



It's my passion. I like it because it is an art and a sport wich mix music, poetry, grace and performance. I practise les arts du cirque twice a week in a circus tent near Montreuil (the circus tent white, red, black and yellow on the picture). I learn there to walk on a ball or on a wire (it's my favourite apparatus, and to the sport evaluations in Jean Jaures, I did a little sideshow with a friend). I learn also to perfom acrobatics and the trapeze. Some people in my group love juggling but I don't. When we say "cirque", a lot of people think about elephants, lions, clowns ... but the contemporary circus is totally different from the traditional circus. It's based on a story, often contains poetry aspects and has other aims than entertain spectators. In bref I love practicing and watching les arts du cirque.


I'm looking forward to hearing from you ! =)


6 commentaires:

Ant a dit…

I knew our students, here at Jean Jaures, were people of many talents but this one is particularly amazing. Thank you Mani for sharing your passion with us. It's been so long since i last went to see such a show and you definitely make me want to see that sort of show again!
Keep up the good work!

Ab' a dit…

It's sure that Sniper and Youssoupha are some the best artist in french hip hop

Betty T a dit…

Votre passion est super! Les actes regardent si dur faire. Il doit prendre beaucoup de travail assidu.

Mani a dit…

It's really great ! what's yours ?

Carolyn a dit…

votre anglais est fantastique. J'ai entendu les gens parler du cirque de soleil. J'ai le CD de LOVE. Le cirque semble fascinant.

fatou a dit…

tro mimi sur la photo